Morningstar (NASDAQ:MORN) stock observed trading -3.40% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 57.52% away from low price over the last 52-weeks. The stock disclosed a move of 1.86% away from 50 day moving average and 13.32% away from 200 day moving average. Moving closer, we can see that shares have been trading 4.93% off 20-day moving average. It has market cap of $6702.33M and dividend yield of 0.71%.
On Oct.18, 2019, Morningstar (NASDAQ:MORN) a leading provider of independent investment research, declared estimated U.S. mutual fund and exchange-traded fund (ETF) flows for September 2019. Overall, passive U.S. equity funds saw $22.9 billion in inflows while active U.S. equity funds had $19.1 billion in outflows.
New in this report, Morningstar introduced a quarterly look at flows by fund cost. During the third quarter, the entirety of net flows to U.S. mutual funds went to the cheapest decile of funds. Morningstar estimates net flow for mutual funds by computing the change in assets not explained by the performance of the fund, and net flow for U.S. ETFs shares outstanding and reported net assets.
Morningstar’s report about U.S. fund flows for September is available here. Highlights from the report include:
- In September, long-term funds collected nearly $39.9 billion after open-end and exchange-traded funds saw combined outflows in August of nearly $16.0 billion. September saw a pause in market volatility after August’s sharp declines in equity markets sparked by growing evidence of a global economic slowdown and the ongoing U.S.-China trade dispute.
- S. stock funds experienced modest overall inflows of $3.8 billion in September, nowhere near the level needed to offset outflows seen in August of $15.8 billion and in July of $16.9 billion. In fact, U.S. stock fund flows finished September solidly negative for the year to date.
- Among category groups, taxable-bond funds attracted $36.0 billion of new inflows in September, bouncing from a below-trend $16.3 billion worth of inflows seen in August. Muni-bond funds took in $5.8 billion in September and are on track for a record year of inflows.
- International-stock funds had a fourth consecutive month of outflows, bringing year-to-date outflows to $16.6 billion. The third quarter marked the biggest outflows for these funds as a percentage of total assets since fourth-quarter 2011, when the European sovereign debt crisis peaked and the U.S.’ credit rating was downgraded.
- Among all U.S. fund families, BlackRock/iShares led in September with $17.8 billion in long-term inflows, followed by Vanguard, which slipped out of the top spot with approximately $14.4 billion in inflows.
- State Street’s flows in September were dominated by money heading in and out of SPDR S&P 500 ETF, which holds a Morningstar Analyst Rating™ of Gold. The fund’s $8.6 billion in inflows contributed the lion’s share of the firm’s overall inflows.
The USA based company Morningstar moved with change of 0.24% to $157 with the total traded volume of 59045 shares in recent session versus to an average volume of 90.2K. The stock was observed in the 5 days activity at 3.65%. The one month performance of stock was -2.21%. MORN’s shares are at 2.16% for the quarter and driving a 34.35% return over the course of the past year and is now at 42.94% since this point in 2018. Right now the stock beta is 0.78. The average volatility for the week and month was at 1.76% and 2.02% respectively. There are 42.69M shares outstanding and 20.63M shares are floated in market.
William Payton possesses over 7 years of investment experience, an M.B.A. from California State University, and is also certified in Risk Management Assurance. He is a self-taught investor and follows the value investing approach to picking stocks. William has exploited those observations and developed investment tactics within a fundamentally sound long-term investment strategy. He currently covers Earnings News category for our site. William is a Certified Internal Auditor, Data Miner, and author with a career broadly spanning over multiple business areas.
Address: 4831 Elk Street, Irvine, California, USA
Phone number: 949-757-9251